:: Junior Society Of Information Technology ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HometimeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Top posters
Damhieyu
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox I_vote_lcapIncrease Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox I_voting_barIncrease Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox I_vote_rcap 
Vincent PauL
Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox I_vote_lcapIncrease Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox I_voting_barIncrease Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox I_vote_rcap 
pStarKevS
Hero
thelinedivides
Computer(Easy)
eULo
Mr.shyvee
mayetjohn
BlackLabel274263
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 137 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:08 pm
Advertisement

Watch Naruto Online
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Damhieyu
Founder
Founder
Damhieyu

Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Empty
PostSubject: Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox   Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:05 pm

Note: May not work with other version of Firefox so use at your own Risk. Don't use this if your not familiar with the commands and Firefox, ask help from a professional.

[There have been tons of Firefox hacks out there that have been covered to date, but we've recently taken some time out and run a side-by-side comparison on a couple of identical computers from the internet shop we had laying around. What did we find? You can essentially double your browsing speed if you're currently on a broadband connection if you just run a few simple tweaks. We have a set of three. That's not too many for you, right? Now let's get started.

Basically, what we found is that Firefox tends to eat a lot of RAM in exchange for quicker launching and handling of the browser. It's a pretty steep trade-off, and for those of us with tons of RAM and a broadband connection usually end up seeing no difference or at times, even slower performance than if these restrictions weren't enabled by default. Here's how to take them off and harness the full power of Firefox:

Reduce the amount of RAM Firefox uses for it’s cache feature

Try this:

Type "about:config" in the address bar of the Firefox browser.
Find “browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers” with the help of filter searching.
Set it’s value to "0"

Increase the Speed in Which Firefox loads pages

Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit Enter. (Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really speeds up page loading.)

Alter the entries as follows:
Set “network.http.pipelining” to “true”.
Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true”.
Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to "10".

This means it will make 10 requests at once.

Lastly, right-click anywhere in the browser and select New > Integer. Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to “0“;

This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives. If you’re using a broadband connection you’ll load pages faster now.

Optionally (for even faster web browsing) here are some more options for your about:config. You might have to create some of these entries by Right Click then "New > Interger" or "New > String".

set “network.dns.disableIPv6” to “false”;
set “content.notify.backoffcount”: to “5”;
set “ui.submenuDelay” to “0”;

Reduce RAM usage to 10mb when Firefox is minimized

This little hack will drop Firefox’s RAM usage down to 10 Mb when minimized:

Open Firefox and type "about:config" in the address bar then press Enter.
Right Click in the page and select "New > Boolean".
In the box that pops up enter “config.trim_on_minimize” and hit Enter.
Now select "true and then press Enter.
Restart Firefox.

These simple tweaks will make your web browsing with Mozilla Firefox at least twice as fast and it's a pretty simple thing anybody can do. Enjoy and let us know if these steps helped you and remember do not include the quotes! Especial Thank to Michael
Back to top Go down
http://spusjsit.niceboard.biz
Hero
JSIT Member
 JSIT Member
Hero

Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox   Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:54 am

Firefox ROCKS!!! nice dam, papaspason ko sd an ako firefox
Back to top Go down

Increase Your Internet Browsing Speed with Firefox
Page 1 of 1